Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Learning the ropes

Who knew that baby products were such a huge market??  I have been so overwhelmed with all the organics and tools of raising the baby - also considering that I don't have all that much time to research all the fine and dandy new fangled items out there.  Now that Colin's 9 months old, I feel like I missed out on so much of his little milestones - so in the end I just feel really guilty and try to make it up by buying things to make up for it.  (Not a good way to go I know...)

So the newest thing that we have been looking for is the foam pad for the ever so luring crawling stage of Colin's life.  It's the size of a pretty good size area rug - and it's double sided and just really soft foam with nice bright colors and pictures and words.  Some of them may be a little on the fobby side, but it's a great thing for little babies!  The ones that I saw at Toys R Us weren't as thick and soft, so I was definitely leaning more towards the Korean ones.  Think ultra thick and soft flip flop foam pads.  hahaha 

Colin isn't really crawling just yet, but he started just pretty stationary, trying to perfect the stance on all fours - and he did that pretty quickly...then came the rocking.  Needlesstosay, he's quite professional at that.  He's still yet to learn that he can lift the knees and hands to really mobilize, but he's doing the push-up crawl.  I'm sure most of you moms know exactly what I'm talking about.  He's getting quite good at it too - so it's definitely time to start baby proofing the house. 

So the Korean baby play pad it was - perfect for those face plants while learning to walk and crawl.  So - the possibilities are endless when you're in KTOWN in LA, but since I'm in the OC technically and PV doesn't really constitute LA - I was really stuck on where to find one of those pads.  BUT 'Lo and Behold!!  GG isn't so bad after all!!  My mom actually had to check out a few different places, but she finally found one that I was extremely happy with and for a fair price!  I had heard that the "good ones" from LG could be anywhere from 200-300 dollars.  BUT this one was great and maybe half that cost of those really nice ones.  =)  NICE!  Thanks Grandma!!

IN the meanwhile, Colin is recovering from an ear infection and a bad reaction to his antibiotics.  Poor thing.  He hates his meds too.  =(  Poor baby Colin.  He's still not even on the charts for his height/weight - although his head size is like 60%.  hahaha  He has a big head.  Hmmm must run in the family.  kk 

No comments:

Post a Comment